Today we would like to introduce you to Russell Jennison, our Post Processor Manager here at Cimquest. Here are some interesting tidbits of information to get to know him a little better.
1. What are your responsibilities at Cimquest?
Post processors are the link between Mastercam and individual machining centers. I customize these to maximize customer productivity and make sure every machine a customer wants to utilize talks effectively with Mastercam. I am building a library of technology and a team to better service our customers as Cimquest expands.
2. What industry do you come from?
I have always worked in manufacturing or engineering design in various forms with over 10 years in the CNC realm.
3. Where are you from (hometown)?
Brampton Ontario. A suburb of Toronto. I was born in Wales UK, but my family moved to Canada when I was two years old.
4. What is your educational background?
University of Waterloo – Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc) in Mechanical Engineering
5. How long have you worked at Cimquest?
2017 will be my 6th year.
6. What are your hobbies?
Music performance and recording. Yoga. Being outside.
7. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Solving problems all day long. There is very little paperwork or standardization other than what we create for ourselves. I enjoy building our own structures for the work and the organization of it.
8. What do you feel is the most important aspect of your job?
Paying for my house! But more seriously, it adds tremendous value to the software customer’s purchase. It saves our customers time, energy, and headaches. It provides our sales team with a competitive advantage.
9. What is your most treasured possession?
My family. But aside from people, it would be my gear in my music studio, where I get to create.
10. Do you have any hidden talents?
Not sure how hidden it is, but I make music for films and TV shows. Nothing too crazy, but I feel like the music and visuals working together is pretty special. I was a minor character in an independent TV show a couple years back. If you ask me just right I can point you to a link 🙂
11. What is the craziest thing on your bucket list?
I wish I had something truly crazy, but my aspirations are pretty simple. I want to see more of the world eventually and I’d enjoy being part of some music that reaches a lot of people, either in a band or in a film.
12. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I did some adventure races a few years back. It’s pretty intense. Traveling 50 miles on foot/bike/canoe in 10 hours with only a map and compass to guide you. It was very interesting and crazy, but so fatiguing for a week or two afterward that I decided to stop.
13. What is your favorite meal?
Indian or middle eastern.
14. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
I haven’t been on that many, but the only place I have gone more than once is Costa Rica. It has a good balance of unique culture, slow pace, but also modern conveniences. I’ll probably go back again.
15. What is the best advice you have ever given or received?
Live authentically and don’t wait to do the things you dream of. Unless you are kind of tired. Then maybe get some sleep.
16. What is your favorite movie?
The Life Aquatic… Probably. That’s a hard one.
17. What is your greatest fear?
Losing people I care about one day. I can’t think of anything that would suck more. I wouldn’t say I’m really afraid of it though. It just drives me to appreciate what I have.
18. Who is your favorite celebrity?
Probably Louis CK at the moment. He’s just so…. Honest and his shows are amazing. But sometimes his standup goes too far for my tastes…
19. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A bulldozer driver.
20. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People that become upset easily and perpetually feel sorry for themselves. Life is too short to view the world that way!