Mastercam University® offers 24/7 online training to anyone looking to begin a career in CNC programming, or to current Mastercam users with the desire to sharpen their job skills. Several courses are available which cover many areas of the Mastercam product. Regardless of skill level, there is a Mastercam University class that can strengthen users’ knowledge of the product. Mastercam U is also the only online training created by CNC Software, Inc., the creators of Mastercam. There is no better way to learn the software than from the experts themselves. A free version of Mastercam Demo / Home Learning Edition is also included with every course.
Benefits of Choosing Mastercam U
- Online training allows students to learn anywhere they have access to the internet.
- Our content is tested thoroughly before it is released to ensure quality and usability.
- 24/7 access to classes allows students to work on the material on their own schedule.
- Mastercam University classes are a great way to become certified in Mastercam.
- Every Mastercam University class comes with Mastercam Demo/Home Learning Edition for home use.
- Multiple levels of Assessment testing in the Mastercam University classes allows you to validate a new hires capabilities and knowledge of Mastercam.
- Mastercam University is a great training tool to bring employees up to speed on the latest Mastercam functionality.
- Allow CNC programmers to cross train from Mill to Lathe, or Lathe to Mill.
- Mastercam University enables machinists to learn how to program using Mastercam.
- Mastercam University distinguishes employees that have the initiative to learn and improve their performance versus those that do not.
Learn from the Experts
These courses are developed by CNC Software, Inc. offering the most current and powerful online training courses for Mastercam. It is the perfect solution for anyone looking to effectively train their students on the most current version of Mastercam, and to prepare them for official Mastercam Certification. Courses have twelve weeks of use after online registration.
CNC Software is dedicated to developing Mastercam U and to delivering top-notch, professional courses that are updated with each major Mastercam release. Mastercam U offers a wide range of online courses and has matured into a resource that offers many new benefits to users and employers alike.
Redeem Your Subscription
Are you a new Mastercam University user that has already acquired a subscription code? Click the link below to start your Mastercam U learning experience!
Redeem Your Code
Purchase Mastercam U
Are you interested in Mastercam U but have not yet acquired a subscription code? Contact Cimquest today at 866-277-8778 ext 4 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently available classes
- Mill Design and Toolpaths
- Advanced Mill Design and Toolpaths
- Instructor Certification
- Multiaxis (Curve / Drill / Circle Mill)
- Lathe Design and Toolpaths
- Mastercam for SolidWorks
- Principles for Machining
- Mastercam Maintenance
- Mastercam V9 to X Transition
- Processor: 2.5 GHz (minimum) 64-bit Intel®- compatible processor; 64-bit Intel®-compatible processors are supported.
- Operating System: Windows® XP, Windows Vista® (Business or Ultimate), or Windows 7 (Ultimate or Professional) including the latest service packs and recommended updates.
- Memory: 8 GB (minimum), 3 GB available hard disk space (minimum).
- Graphics: 256 MB OpenGL-compatible graphics card, 1280×1024 pixel screen resolution (minimum).
- Mouse: Windows-compatible 2-button or 3-button mouse (or with middle mouse wheel).
- Internet Connection: High-speed internet connection capable of streaming video.
Mill Design and Toolpaths
This course takes new Mastercam students from square one to successfully programming parts to be machined on a CNC mill. Each of the five modules builds on the last and offers a module review to help you advance.
- The first module introduces the Mastercam environment and basic general functions.
- In the second Design module, wireframe and solid modeling functions are taught and then applied through a series of specific applications-based exercises.
- The third and fourth modules focus on part setup and demonstrate fundamental Mastercam toolpaths, including 2D high speed machining.
- The final module introduces Feature Based Machining (FBM) used to automatically detect and generate all milling and drilling operations for solid models features.
To get the full benefit of the course, make sure to review any suggested material like the Help files.
Advanced Mill Design and Toolpaths
This course covers many different ways to create and machine 3D geometry, including an extensive 4th axis module.
- The first module teaches many different surface creation methods fundamental to a well-rounded CAD/CAM background.
- The second module is an overview of 3D machining strategies. In this lesson you apply many different machining strategies to similar geometry, seeing firsthand the strengths as well as best application of each of the 3D High Speed Toolpaths.
- In the third module you put all of the previous lessons into practice by creating programs similar to parts in your shop, including fixturing.
- The fourth module covers 4th axis machining with lessons on axis substitution, axis positioning, radial and rotary axis machining. This module prepares you for 5-axis machining.
The Mastercam® Instructor Certification course is designed to help you succeed in certifying your students. It includes a review copy of the Mill Design and Toolpaths course, which is the baseline for Mastercam training at both major manufacturing companies and colleges all over the country. Including the Mill Design and Toolpaths material allows you to become familiar with the new features, and get up to speed with the many examples covered in the class. In addition to the Mill Design and Toolpaths curriculum, Instructor Certification covers everything you need to know about the Mastercam Certification test.
Multiaxis (Curve / Drill / Circle Mill)
The Mastercam University Multiaxis Curve / Drill / Circle Mill course provides students with a strong foundation in 5-axis CNC programming. The class starts out with an extensive overview of axis combinations, rotary points, and zero positions as they relate to Mastercam. It then builds on how to control tool axis vectors using different geometric entities. The examples explain the many ways to control how the tool approaches and machines with a controlled 5-axis toolpath. This course also covers 5-axis positioning, drilling, trimming, circle milling, and machine simulation. The 4th Axis Rotary Machining section will serve as an overview for those that have previously enrolled in the Advanced Mill Design and Toolpaths course.
Lathe Design and Toolpaths
This course takes new Mastercam students from square one to successfully programming parts to be machined on a CNC lathe. As you program parts you learn to store you work and knowledge. This approach helps you how to save time by building on proven techniques and toolpaths.
- This first module covers how to create wireframe and solid lathe specific geometry in Mastercam.
- The second module shows how to set up a lathe file from datum, tool library to verifying toolpath.
- The third module provides extensive coverage of lathe toolpaths.
Mastercam for SolidWorks
This course assumes you have a basic understanding of SolidWorks® and solid modeling, as well as a basic understanding of CNC machining and associated terminology.
In this course you will learn to program parts directly in SolidWorks, using toolpaths and machining strategies available in Mastercam® for SolidWorks®. Learn to use SolidWorks to create geometry for toolpath control using Mastercam for SolidWorks. Create toolpaths on mechanical parts and assemblies created in SolidWorks or any solid model imported into SolidWorks.
Principles for Machining
If you want to integrate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) content into your training program, Principles for Machining is the answer. This course aligns with the STEM National Standards as they apply to the CAD-CAM-CNC process. Principles for Machining can be used as a standalone pre-Mastercam class. Take your students to the next level by improving your students’ background and skills in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math as they apply to machining. Adding Principles for Machining to the Mastercam® Mill Design and Toolpaths course creates the most robust online CAM training available for the educational market. Principles for Machining includes a study guide in PDF format and a framework chart with the standards as they apply to each module.
The Mastercam® Maintenance course is designed to help you understand the new features in Mastercam. This course is free to all Maintenance customers
Mastercam V9 to X Transition
The Mastercam University® Mastercam Transition: V9 to X course provides the training that will allow you to start using Mastercam® X quickly and efficiently. This course is designed for one student, but allows the lectures to be viewed by others.
What is Mastercam Certification™?
The Mastercam Certification program is a rigorous set of practical tests that recognizes a programmer’s knowledge and ability to work effectively with Mastercam CAM software, overcome common issues facing today’s shops, and produce high quality finished parts. It sets the bar to a high standard and ensures that only the very best programmers become Mastercam Certified.
Benefits of Mastercam Certification
Benefits to the end-user – Programmers and machinists completing the Mastercam Certification program carry with them a useful means of quickly proving and validating their Mastercam skills in an increasingly demanding industry. Benefits to the employer – By hiring Mastercam Certified employees you are guaranteed to get the level of experience and expertise that you demand. Hire with confidence in knowing that your new employee has the skills that it takes to get the job done right. What is Mastercam University?
Mastercam University is online video training that lets you learn at your own pace. Learn all the tips and tricks from an experienced corporate Mastercam trainer. The online Mastercam U classes can be used to prepare you for the official Mastercam Certification or it can also be used solely for supplemental training to keep your skills sharp. This online training is available 24/7, open to anyone, and can be purchased through authorized Mastercam resellers.
Contacting Mastercam Certification
If you have questions about Mastercam Certification and would like to know more about it, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.