Mastercam Productivity Plus
Mastercam Productivity+ is an Add-On to Mastercam that allows you to program and simulate a Renishaw probe for your machine tool. This is a new solution for integrating process control into your CNC programs. Productivity+ will perform simple measurements and alignments, allowing you to set up and validate your parts at the machine tool. This leads to better process control and reporting of the performance of your machine tool.
As a Productivity+ program runs entirely on the machine tool, the program forms a self-contained package which operations in exactly the same form, every time a part is run. Once it’s programmed, there is no need for an external PC, eliminating potential communications set-up issues. Machine tools including 3-, 4- and 5-axis configurations are supported via a wide range of post processors, providing a consistent level of functionality between machine types. This makes it possible to transfer one probing program between machine tools by simple reposting the program. Productivity+ provides an easy-to-use platform for incorporating simple measurement functionality and more advance in-process intelligence into machining programs. It can simplify a wide range of measurement and process control tasks, such as component set-up and part verification, and aids process development.
- Predictive process setting – performing simple tests to ensure that a machine process will be successful.
- Active in-process control – using the probe to measure features and update machining process based on the results obtained.
- Informative reporting – providing information about the in-process state of a component, and about the decisions that were made when producing it.
- Productivity+ creates programs which run entirely on the machine tool, including all the calculations, updates and logic which are needed.
- No external PC is required to process measurement data.