Trust the Leader
Mastercam Mill delivers fast, easy NC programming that lets you make the most of your machines. With several options – Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, and Multiaxis – you are assured to get exactly what you need.
Mastercam is the most widely used CAM software worldwide* and remains the program of choice among CNC programmers. Mastercam Mill is the next generation of our popular program, delivering the most comprehensive milling package with powerful new toolpaths and techniques.
|Contouring, Drilling, and Pocketing
2D machining ranges from the very simple to the very complex. Mastercam delivers all the tools you need for precise control over all aspects of 2D machining.Contouring
- Choose separate lead-in and lead-out for contours and pocket finish passes.
- Choose multiple roughing and finishing passes and multiple depth cuts for any contour.
- Easily machine 2D and 3D contours including parametric and NURBS splines.
- Automatically identify and pre-drill multiple operations at their plunge points.
- Automatic drilling countersink depth calculation.
- Optimize drill routines to minimize tool travel.
- Automatically create bolt circles or grids of points.
- Auto drilling creates complete cycles of drill operations on sets of holes, even with different diameters.
|Pocketing and More
- Dynamic milling creates an active toolpath that delivers more consistent cutting conditions and allows use of the entire tool flute length while reducing machining time.
- Region Chaining delivers a fast and easy way to adjust your 2D high speed machining areas.
- 2D high speed toolpaths deliver efficient, lower-stress motion even without a high speed machine. • 2D high speed Peel Milling peels away material, layer by layer. It delivers efficient constant climb milling with trochoidal type motion and accelerated back feed moves when the tool is disengaged.
- 2D high speed Core Milling cuts from the outside in, using high speed-friendly transitions.
- 2D high speed Area Milling is excellent for more complex shapes and uses high speed-friendly transitions.
- 2D high speed Rest Milling evaluates all previous toolpaths and removes remaining material with high speed motion between cuts.
- 2D high speed Blend Milling gradually morphs the toolpath between two shapes, using high speed. • Pocketing styles include high speed, zigzag, one way, true spiral, constant overlap spiral, and morph pocketing, each with optional finish passes.
- Machine open pockets without creating additional geometry.
- Choose plunge, helical, or ramp entry.
- Special spiral pocketing options eliminate material when the tool turns a sharp corner.
- Contour and pocket remachining use a smaller tool to automatically clean out material left from previous operations.
- Wear compensation for contour and pocket finish passes lets you adjust for tool wear at the machine tool without creating a new toolpath.
- Choose multiple machining areas with a single selection.
- Click and drag a machining start point to anywhere on your model.
- Automated slot, circle, and thread milling.
- Choose separate taper angles for contours, pocket walls, and pocket islands, including islands of different heights.
- Smart pocket depth control for thin-walled pockets lets you machine depths without retracting, or machine all cuts in a single area before moving to the next.
Feature Based Machining (FBM)
Almost every shop deals with solid models, and Mastercam delivers a powerful way to automatically mill and drill these parts. Valuable for experienced power users and easy enough for new users, FBM evaluates a part’s features and automatically designs an effective machining strategy.
With just a few simple clicks, Mastercam FBM will:
- Detect solid machining features for the chosen FBM operation type, based on your selection criteria.
- Automatically cut straight-walled and tapered-wall pockets.
- Machine pockets using 2D roughing, rest mill, and finish operations.
- Automatically support closed, open, nested, and through pockets and set the right toolpath options.
- Optionally create a separate finish toolpath for floors and walls.
- Automatically identify when external machining is required and enable you to activate or deactivate it.
- Automatically identify when facing is required.
- Automatically create drilled, tapped, counterbore, and countersink holes.
- Automatically perform deep drilling, spot drilling, pre-drilling, tool selection, and tool creation if needed.
- Advanced controls to drill blind, through, co-axial, and split holes.
- New Dynamic Plane creation streamlines and simplifies all plane creation with easy click-and-drag tools.
- Select the appropriate tools for all operations, either from your preferred tools list or from libraries you specify.
The time savings when using Mastercam FBM are dramatic, but its power isn’t just in the click-and-go ease. All toolpaths are fully associative and editable after creation. This gives you the broad flexibility to make changes at any time, and ensures that your parts will be cut exactly as you want them.
|Powerful RoughingFast, efficient bulk material removal is essential to efficient NC programming. Mastercam gives you a variety of techniques to rough machine all of your parts.
- Rough cut multiple surfaces, solid models, STL files, or any combination.
- Rough cut with constant Z contours or pockets.
- Highspeed OptiRough removes large amounts of material quickly. The tool takes an aggressive depth cut, followed by a series of quick up-cuts, then repeats the process at the next depth.
- OptiRest uses Mastercam’s in=process stock model to remove stock left from a larger tool.
- Rough cut by descending parallel or radial cuts, with complete control over plunging with positive and negative Z motion.
- Custom plunge roughing lets you rough straight from the top (with no XY motion) in any user-defined cut pattern.
- Constant-Z rough restmill (remachining) identifies and machines areas that need to be roughed with a smaller tool.
- Automatic facing and critical depth recognition ensures flat surfaces that lie between Z-cuts won’t be left with too much stock during rough machining.
- Automatically align all your roughing plunge points, making it easier to pre-drill those spots for production machining.
|Versatile FinishingMastercam’s suite of 3D finishing tools lets you choose the best method for the results you need.
- Finish multiple surfaces, solid models, STL files, or any combination.
- Hybrid finishing intelligently blends two efficient cutting techniques in a single toolpath.
- Hybrid “filler passes” offer the option to machine your part in sections using Mastercam’s hybrid technique.
- 3D Toolpath Refinement allows unsurpassed control on surface cuts, delivering superior finishes and optimized cycle times.
- Unlimited Pencil Finishing machines the part in logical segments.
- Parallel finishing delivers robust toolpaths for a wide variety of projects.
- 3D project machining creates a consistent, smooth finish while following the natural curves of multiple surfaces or solid. It even includes a quick option for faster processing where appropriate.
- Constant scallop machining maintains a consistent finish on sloped and flat surfaces alike by using a consistent 3D stepover.
- Radial finishing creates toolpaths radiating outward from a selected point, perfect for round parts.
- Flowline machining cuts single or multiple surfaces using their natural shape to define the cutter path, delivering a smoother finish.
- Ruled toolpaths include automatic synchronization by entity, branch, or node. Cutting options are Constant-Z, zigzag, circular, one way, or 5-axis swarf machining.
- Full check surface support.
- Cut leaving negative stock, even with flat cutters.
|Faster Turnaround and Superior FinishHigh Speed Machining (HSM) is a powerful cutting method that combines high feed rates with high spindle speeds, specific tools, and specific tool motion. HSM can deliver faster turnaround and a superior finish. Mastercam includes a suite of HSM functions designed to help you make the most of this powerful technique, even if you don’t have a high speed machine.
- High speed toolpaths for 2D and 3D machining.
- Dynamic Milling creates an active toolpath that delivers more consistent cutting conditions and allows use of the entire tool flute length.
- Automatically machine flat areas using new time-saving minimum retracts and smooth entry, exit and cut motion.
- Contour parts with smooth, consistent ramping motion.
- High speed scallop cutting delivers a consistent finish.
- Projected spiral finishing delivers a smooth cut with consistent material contact.
- High speed waterline cutting delivers constant Z moves with smooth entries and exits.
- Smooth, automated circle milling.
- Specialized high speed pencil tracing removes material from a previous finish pass.
- High speed area clearance removes bulk material from the inside out with smooth motion.
- Smart core roughing cuts from the outside in. If it encounters a pocket, it automatically switches to inside out.
- High speed rest roughing smoothly removes material left from a previous rough pass.
- Full holder checking for high speed toolpaths, including checking under the holder.