A Wide Range of Multiaxis Strategies
Multiaxis machining can dramatically increase a shop’s competitiveness, and Mastercam’s multiaxis add-in offers a wide range of multiaxis machining strategies – both basic and advanced. With Mastercam, you have complete control over the three crucial elements of multiaxis machining: toolpath types, tool motion, and tool axis. And you get that control in a clear, easy to understand way.
Multiaxis Toolpath Types
- Multisurface 5-axis roughing and finishing, including depth cuts, plunge roughing, and flowline machining.
- Machine 5-axis parts using spiral, zigzag, or one way tool motion.
- Swarf fanning and swarf machining over multisurface floors keeps the tool edge against the drive surface for a smooth finish.
- Rail swarf cutting gives you added control by driving the tool along a lower rail.
- 5-axis circle milling.
- Minimum tilt control helps prevent tool motion that would cause tool holder collisions.
- Machine 5-axis curves with independent definitions of tool side angle and lead/lag angle.
- Create 5-axis contour toolpaths around surface edges for applications such as trimming vacuum-formed parts.
- Machine toward a single point for smooth tip cutting around an entire part.
- Easy 4-axis rotary axis and roll die programming, and 5-axis drilling.
- Wrap a toolpath around a diameter with rotary axis substitution.
- Create full 5-axis motion from a 3-axis projected toolpath.
- Special options for machining cylinder heads and converting probe data to machinable geometry.
Tool Motion Control
- Multiaxis Tool Motion Control
- Automatic point generator adds greater precision in difficult areas.
- Complete control over the tool axis, lead/lag, entry/exit, and tilt simplifies even the most difficult multiaxis jobs.
- Full entry and exit control lets you determine exactly where and how the cutter enters and leaves your part.
- 3D tool compensation in machine controls and full tapered tool support.
- Advanced gouge checking and a 5-axis safe zone around the part.
- tool motion control
Tool Axis Control
- Shank containment simplifies cutting in confined areas.
- Powerful axis limits control tool motion between defined angles, ensuring the tool tilt will not violate part or machine tool limits.
- Easily refine control of your tool axis with a few simple pieces of CAD geometry.
- tool axis control
In addition to general-purpose multiaxis machining, Mastercam also has specialized add-ons for multi-bladed parts and cylinder head ports.