Section 179 Deduction for 2015
The ‘Section 179 Deduction’ Helps Your Business!
Here is a quick overview of Section 179.
- Section 179 is a tax code created to help businesses. By allowing businesses to deduct the full amount of the purchase price of equipment (up to certain limits), Section 179 is a fantastic incentive for businesses to purchase, finance or lease equipment this year.
- Section 179 is valid on most types of equipment. There is little sense in allowing a deduction on only obscure equipment, so Section 179 is aimed at general business equipment as well as off-the-shelf software. If you use it in your business, it probably qualifies.
- Section 179 can greatly help your bottom line. By deducting the full cost, you lower the amount you pay for equipment and/or software substantially. And these benefits can be further expanded if you choose to lease or finance your equipment & software.
- Section 179 is simple to use. All you need to do is buy (or lease) the equipment, and use a special IRS form. That’s it.
- Section 179 enhancements typically expire at year’s end. The various Stimulus Acts over the past few years have included special provisions for Section 179 and Bonus Depreciation, and greatly increased the limits on how much businesses could deduct. But the enhancements usually expire at the end of the year.
- There is simply no better time than now to take advantage of Section 179 and Bonus Depreciation. Why? Because it is a Use-It-or-Lose-It write-off that ends December 31st.
Contact me regarding how I can save with Section 179